Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Hallo-weenies

Okay, okay, it's almost February and I'm just getting around to updating this thing. In October, we went to a friend's "Back to the 80s" Halloween party. Originally, we were going to try to go as David Coverdale and Tawny Kitaen, but the Coverdale outfit was too hard to find. Then there was Ducky Dale and Andie from Pretty in Pink, but again, not so easy to find those duds.

So at the last minute, Jay came up with an ingenious interpretation of the Dexy's Midnight Runners tune. We went as "Come on Eileen." I was Eileen, and Jay was, well, you can figure it out from the photo. In retrospect, I think I actually look more like one of the chicks from the Bananarama Cruel Summer video.

Our friends and hosts Kristian and Kristina (aka Kris & Kris) went as John Maclean from Die Hard and Robert Smith from the Cure. Note that his police badge says "Hottie Police"...nice.

Kristina, at eight months pregnant, actually had a stomach that looked like Robert Smith's (actually, hers was probably smaller). Also in attendance, though not pictured, were Lloyd Dobler from Say Anything (complete with boom box), a few Madonnas, Devo, a few Blues Brothers, and one person actually came as herself, wearing her prom dress and varsity jacket from 1986.

No comments: