Saturday, October 13, 2007

Rally Monkee

October 1, 2007: Red Sawx Rally Monday. I work at Government Center and my office overlooks City Hall Plaza, so I got to hear the "rehearsals" all afternoon and watch the sea of humanity as it amassed below. It was supposed to start at 4p.m., but I guess there were so many people ready to rally they got going a little early.

Tina Cer-vag-io and that other douche from NESN helped get the crowd riled up before bringing on the real Rally Monkee, Peter Tork. (Yes, Peter Tork.) Unfortunately, we couldn't get any photos of him playing, it was really painful when he couldn't get through the piano solo in the middle of Daydream Believer. Remember folks: the Monkees couldn't actually play their instruments!
Even after that embarassing Lord of the Dance incident, Jonathan Papelbon showed up to wow the crowd, and gave some rambling speech that ended with "kick some ass." I asked Jay if he thought Papelbon had a couple of cocktails before the event. He said, "No honey, it's like Curt Schilling said: 'he's just not a M.E.N.S.A.'"

We heart Ellsbury...The rally ended with long-time hometown favorites the Dropkick Murphys, who recently rose to national fame after their song "Shipping Up to Boston" was featured in "The Departed."

2 comments:

mollie said...

Love the Blog! No more making fun of mine now...I'm so over baseball now that my fantasy league is over. I'm such a dork. Chicago misses you...mol

Kelly said...

Rally monkee??? Maybe that's what the Cubs need! Miss you in Chicago!